Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Father's Day ride


With Sunday's baseball schedule cleared, I'm toying with the idea of a Father's Day bike ride to West Branch, where my father-in-law lives. The ride would culminate with a feast of some sort. Any and all are welcome to join my son and I, but I need to know in advance so we have ample food and beverage at the end of the 36-mile journey from my house. I propose a 9 a.m. start, which would put us in West Branch about noon. You would be on your own for transportation home, but the ride is free. Any takers?

Also, I've learned that no baseball games are scheduled for June 23, so Zach and I intend to join Bob on Swine Trek. Entry fee is only $20 if mailed by June 16 ($25 after). Distances of 25, 50 and 100 miles are available, plus you get a chicken dinner with all the trimmings, though, curiously, no pork. Visit www.hawkeyebike.com for a registration form.

3 comments:

kmc70e said...

In chicago this weekend...or I would be in...have a great time. I should think about getting on my bike again soon

Brian said...

I may consider joining you. I'll try to let you know by mid-week.

Brian said...

I'm about 80% for Swine Trek on Saturday - I'd probably try and do the 50-mile that Bob suggested. Bob and Lonnie, let me know what your plan is - it would be nice to travel up together.