Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bike to Work Week/Day this week!

Lonnie and I had the conversation last week that we thought "Bike to Work Week/Day" was sometime soon. I forgot about that until tonight and thought I'd look it up and pass it on to all of you. FYI, Bike to Work Week is officially this week and Bike to Work Day is this Friday, May 16th. (un)Fortunately, I live less than 100 yards from my office so as much as I'd like to ride to work, I think it would take me longer to get my bike out, roll it out of the building, park, and lock it than it would for me to walk.. I know Lonnie will be riding to work and we'll go on a noon ride...feel free to join us!

Bike to Work Week
http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/

1 comment:

Lonnie said...

I rode my bike to work today, though it's only 1.25 miles. Tomorrow seems unlikely as it's supposed to be cool in the morning and my son has a baseball game right after work (I'm in charge of concessions). Thursday looks good and Friday for certain.