Wednesday, August 4, 2010

RAGBRAI withdrawls


Well, we made it back to Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon. While I have to admit it is extremely comforting to be home and to sleep in my own bed, and to not be in full sweat mode as soon as I get to moving around (the humidity here in SLC today is around 25 percent!), I continue to have RAGBRAI withdrawls.

The camaraderie of our group, the beautiful green landscapes of home, the gentle breeze in my face, and warm smiles of Iowa - it's all etched in my photo book of memories. Makes me want to hop in the car and head back east next week!

My high point of the week? Saturday's beautiful ride from Dyserville to Dubuque. Absolutely stunning! The low point? Is it even worth mentioning the rain day? But even that wasn't that bad, was it? Well, okay, when it was raining, going up the hill against a headwind coming out of Winthrop, that's when I was truly wishing I was somewhere else. But out of seven days, that's not bad!

It was simply awesome to get to know and hang and ride with you all. Again, proof that the best thing about RAGBRAI is the people! Till next year..... Enjoy your well-deserved rest, but don't let those bike tires stand still too long!

Tim Wagner

1 comment:

Shelly Rheinfrank said...

Perfectly said, Tim! I miss you and Anne!!!!
Be sure to keep in touch!!!