The lavish praise you all have heaped on me for organizing Team CoeBRAI is certainly gratifying. It also inspires me to keep this going. Three years ago I thought this would be a quintessential alumni event, and this year we made it just that. Thank each and every one of you for participating. Now I challenge each of you to join us again next year and/or recruit a friend.
The gift certificate you all got me was burning a hole in my pocket so I spent it tonight. I think you'll approve of my purchases. I spent over an hour examining nearly everything Northtowne Cycling and Fitness had to offer. Ultimately, my selections involved something I had learned from you this year.
I got a new helmet, white like Gary's to deflect the intense Iowa sun, after someone said they should be replaced every few years as the styrofoam becomes brittle. While I hope to never need it, I'm glad to know my most valuable asset is protected.
I got a taillight, which I can now use in concert with my helmet headlight should I ever venture out before sunup or, more likely, after sundown.
And I got a tube of Chamois Butter. I figure if it's good enough for John Edwards, it's good enough for me.
Thank you all, again, for everything. If you haven't already, please send me your photos so I can include them in the compilation CD.
1 comment:
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment