Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 2 to Lake View

It was a hot one, even by RAGBRAI standards. Officially a 62-mile trek from Cherokee to Lake View became a 69-miler for Team CoeBRAI from the Country Club to the Dean and Nancy Stock farm. A few of our directionally challenged troupe took the scenic route around Black Hawk Lake. For me, a short detour to the pool in Sac City sufficed.

For dinner we pay tribute to CoeBRAI co-founder Tony Bata, the driver and chef in 2005 and 2006. We dispensed of the cooking duties under my watch, but we've made an exception for tonight. With our hosts tied up with volunteer duties and our camp located about a mile from town, we're serving spaghetti with my homemade sauce prepared in advance, frozen and hauled along for the occasion. Perhaps someone will post a review.

Tuesday brings an optional century with temperatures to match. For the less ambitious among us - me included - it'll be 81 miles to Webster City. It's officially RAGBRAI XL jersey day, but I haven't decided yet if I'll wear that hot, black number.

Until then, quitcherbitchin.

No comments: