Saturday, July 18, 2015

Prelude

A necessarily short post tonight as it's late and there are 4,000+ feet to climb in tomorrow's 76-mile ride to Storm Lake.

After filling every inch of space in our truck, we enjoyed an uneventful drive to Sioux City. There, we were treated to a nice meal and friendly company with our hosts - and my former colleague - Bryan Boettcher '03 and Beth Rohlena Boettcher '05. I know it's cliche, but RAGBRAI is about the people and tonight was no exception.

I had the great pleasure of working with Bryan in his role as sports information director before he even graduated from Coe. I've since enjoyed a similar relationship with his successor Ryan Workman, who has been my lead RAGBRAI driver for several years.

Tonight was a special night to celebrate RAGBRAI with two of my closest colleagues, past and present. Thanks, Bryan and Beth, for your hospitality and friendship. I hope to see you both at Homecoming.

1 comment:

Rod Pritchard said...

A great photo of two of my favorite SIDs.