Thursday, June 26, 2008

On, Wisconsin!

With the days until RAGBRAI counting down, I was pleased to get in some unexpected riding this week. I accompanied Sara to a Coe faculty workshop in Spring Green, Wisconsin, and at the last minute decided to take my bike along. As it turned out, the weather was ideal and I got a nice ride in each of the three days we were there. The back roads in the area seemed like extra-wide bike paths - on a 24-mile ride today I was passed by only two cars the entire time. Most importantly, the routes gave me some much-needed hill training.

In addition to my bike rides, we attended Henry IV and Eugene O'Neill's Ah, Wilderness! at American Players Theater, sampled some local cheeses and beers, and I even got a fair bit of work done (though plenty more was waiting to greet me when I returned).

No comments: