Monday, July 27, 2009

The next leg?

RAGBRAI's 442-mile path from Council Bluffs to Burlington left me at a personal best 1,064 miles on the year. While I don't know when the next ride will be (I'm still 636 miles short of my goal), every ride from here on out will mark a new personal best. I like that.

I was hoping to join the local MS 150, but discovered that's the same weekend as my fantasy football draft. Experienced CoeBRAI riders won't be surprised that I'm the commissioner.

I looked into Swine Trek, but that's the morning of Coe's opening football game, and I have to announce. That was my first -- and only -- century last year, but I'll have to miss it this year.

There is the first annual BReW TAH TAH party ride out of North Liberty that caught my eye. It's a free party ride from Roadie's to Morse and back sponsored by Team AlcoHawk. It's an Aug. 8 nooner for 25-30 miles of rolling hills. I'll pick the Ely Boys up along the way, I hope.

No comments: