Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I had a great training schedule set for this past weekend and week. Holiday weekend, so if I take off a bit early Friday and ride 40 miles, and then ride 65 Saturday, 65 Sunday and 45 Monday - that's four days in a row on the bike. That, followed by a 20-25 miler on Tuesday, Wednesday and today, and I would have felt like I was going to be ready for RAGBRAI. The biggest unknown for me about RAGBRAI, and therefore my biggest concern, is 7 consecutive days of riding. I have never done that before and so I don't know for sure how my body (spell that, "butt") will react. Even though my intended mileage would have been much less than the RAGBRAI mileage, it would have given me a good indicator. But forget that. It rained everyday - long and hard- and all I could manage was a 40 miler Sunday morning. I'll have to find time between now and the end of July to get multiple days in. If the weather gods will cooperate.

1 comment:

Biby Cletus said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Biby Cletus