Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 6: Crimson Pride


Finally!

Friday's ride from North Liberty to Tipton offered no headwinds. I knew this would be a good day just because it went through Mount Vernon -- home of Cornell College -- but it was a bonus that Tom Hicks and Erik Albinson joined the ride. The Coe colleagues made good riding partners as we motored through familiar territory.

Though our start was delayed by one last Farm Boys breakfast burrito and a visit to my new favorite place on earth -- Sutliff Cider -- not to mention Lisbon and Mount Vernon -- my vote for best pass-through town -- we rolled into Tipton shortly after 2 p.m. and quickly made ourselves at home at Bob Rickard's place.

I've got a great setup, so I rarely get garage envy, but wow. Bob is set up with a century's old garage that houses a fully stocked bar, projection high definition TV and Wii!

I couldn't access the Internets (again!), so I reportedly got my drink on. Great stop!

No comments: