Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My biking addiction

I was able to stay off my bike Sunday, occupying my time instead by unloading the camper. But Monday I was ready to go again.

I "only" logged 12 miles, but they were hilly. In prior years, biking was the last thing on my mind after RAGBRAI ended. This year was different, as I didn't even want RAGBRAI to end.

Plus, I was anxious to try out the IPod speaker system Team CoeBRAI bought me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm hoping to ride out to Sutliff Cider soon, but I don't know that this weekend will work. I'm officiating a wedding and participating in Relay For Life, so there may not be time. Soon though.

Also, for anyone interested in a reunion ride, consider joining the Hawkeye Bicycle Association's Swine Trek. Postponed by the flooding until Aug. 30, it offers 25, 50, 75 and 100-mile options. Call me crazy, but I'm planning to go for my first century.

Cue "Bicycle Race" by Queen. Or was it STYX?

3 comments:

Brian said...

We were running behind and didn't get to stop at Sutliff Cider, so let me know when you go in case I can join you. We're in for Swine Trek...

Heidicrafts said...

It was Queen.

Brian said...

It turns out you were crazy.