Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Final Push

Fortunately, it turns out, I've got a spare bike to ride while mine is in for the interminable tuneup. I'm not sure Zach, my then 14-year-old who rode all of RAGBRAI 2007, has been on his bike since.

His computer has been misplaced, somehow, so I have to take known routes, but he's got a sweet bike. His seat blows mine away. Maybe I'll steal it for RAGBRAI, since he'll be riding in the camper. Though I hope he'll join us for a day, or two or three.

The extra bike will keep me on pace for 450ish miles, but I've heard of some awfully impressive training mile totals. Doug Bennett, in particular, may need to start from the finish.

Here's the Cliff Notes schedule:
6 p.m. Friday, July 18 -- spaghetti dinner at Coe and advanced loading
8 a.m. Saturday, July 19 -- loading at Coe for 10 a.m. departure
3 p.m. Saturday, July 26 -- arriving at Coe after a safe and successful adventure



Type rest of the post here

No comments: